April from Good Books and Good Wine is holding an impromptu read-o-thon this weekend and it seemed to me this was the perfect weekend to relax and read. It’s nothing formal or filled with rules; just sign up, pick some books and read to your heart’s content! It’s a great occasion to catch up on some books you need to review or, like me, to try and take down the infinite pile(s) of books awaiting to be read.
Since the Man of the House informed me yesterday that he planned on playing video games all weekend to finish some games he “needed” to finish (this said with the urgency only life and death situations require), as long as I wasn’t planning on “monopolizing the tv” (thus making me feel like an evil corporation), I thought “eh, might as well be reading!”
The event started on the 28th but it’s far from too late to join if you’re interested! I’ll be reading today, Saturday and Sunday, and I’m hoping to finish about one book a day – which should leave me enough time to eat, sleep, and bathe.
I’ve come up with this list of books I might like to read – which might me completely different when this is over, but still. Any suggestion as to witch I should absolutely be reading will be greatly appreciated 🙂
– If I Die by Rachel Vincent (I am already reading this one, so I only need finishing it)
– Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
– Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
– Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
– White Cat by Holly Black
– Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld (I am about 40 pages into this one but haven’t really read it yet)
– The Book Thief (by Markus Zusak)
– Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
I will post on Monday or Tuesday with an update on how much I read. Chances are I’ll be tweeting too. Leave me a note if you’re joining the fun so we can cheer each other! 🙂